Welcome to Davis Area, Utah!
Horseback Riding Reservations
Check out the calendar of events
Are you looking for a unique, fun and exciting adventure? Come to Antelope Island State Park and get away from the crowds. Start with a visit to the Visitor Center, and from there the possiblities abound.
Gonzo Boat Rentals & Tours
There's a concessionairre on the island and they're ready for you to come and play! Jetboats, bicycles, kayaks, paddle boats - even a pontoon boat. (See a YouTube video of the available equipment here!) Guided tours, too! You haven't seen the island until you've seen it from a bike, or from the water.
Pricing for the 2013 season is as follows:
- There is a 10% discount for military, seniors and State Park Season Pass holders.
- Pricing varies by the minimum charge that you rent the equipment, and in 15 minute increments thereafter
The 20' - 270hp Yamaha w/Bimini top (seats 7) starts at
The 16' - 120hp Sugar Sand seats 5 and starts at $70/hr
The 13' - 90 hp SeaRayder seats 4, and starts at $60/hr
- All renters must have boating experience and a valid driver's license
- Price does not reflect a 20% fuel surcharge to be charged on payment.
Stand-up Paddle Boards:
- Paddleboards are $30/2hrs, then $12 for each additional hour
Sunset Cruises: Call for scheduling
For age requirements, availability, further details and reservations, call 888-878-8002 or 801-698-6288. email: email@example.com
R&G Horse and Wagon
Take exit 332 (Antelope Drive) off of I-15, and head west to the island. By the your ride begins, it's like you've stepped back in time!
- Rides originate out of the R&G's stables at Fielding Garr Ranch. Plan on a 45 drive from exit 332 at I-15 in Layton.
- There is a $10 State Park entrance fee charged for each carload, on the mainland side of the causeway.
- Please provide at least 48 hour notice for reservations. It is possible to ride on the same day as your request if there is space available, and a time slot available. It's always best to make a reservatioin BEFORE going to the ranch.
- Make your reservation by calling 801-774-8200 or 1-888-878-8002, or fill out a request on the link below.
- You can ride any day of the week, generally between 8AM-5PM - (though during the hot summer months, it gets so hot that for your comfort and the horse's safety - rides are only in the morning).
- If you'd like to bring a larger group, the group size is generally limited to 10 or fewer persons. However, if you let us know what you're thinking and we'll try to accommodate.
- You're not allowed to "split" an hour, or any portion of your ride between other riders.
- Children must be over 6 years old (no double riding) - and are billed at the same rate as adults. (Minimum one hour, billed at $50 per rider / per horsefor the first hour)
- After the first hour, rates are billed at incremental half hours. The minimum first hour PER RIDER is $50, per rider, per horse. Prices for longer rides are: 1.5 hr ($75 PER RIDER) and 2-hour ($100 PER RIDER) and so on.
- Reservations are based on availablity.
- The horses are very docile and easy to ride.
You'll search for bison and other island wildlife including pronghorn, coyote, rascally rabbits and other critters. You'll also enjoy magnificent views of the Wasatch mountains above Davis County, and the skyline of Salt Lake City. The outfitter provides a history of the island, and will point out the unique geology.
As an example: A two-hour ride takes you to the ridgeline allowing panoramic views of the west side of the island, Stansbury Island, Pilot Peak in Nevada and even into Idaho (on a clear day). Don't do nose-to-tail riding at other places - ride like they did 150 years ago.... side by side across the plains. It's a beautiful and fun western experience that you can't get anywhere else!
Request a Horseback Reservation
Island Buffalo Grill
After participating in any of the above activities, you're likely to have worked up an an appetite. It's time to visit the Island Buffalo Grill!
2013 Spring Hours (Closed Tuesdays)
The Grill is now open through Memorial Day during the following hours:
- Mon, Weds through Sat 12 Noon to 5PM
- Sunday 12N-4PM
The Grill opens every day, from Memorial Day through Labor Day at Bridger Bay on the north end of the island, you can grab a buffalo burger, simply take a break, or eat one of the other scrumptious offerings inside at the Island Buffalo Grill. How good is it? Check out the great reviews on Yelp.com. - and then leave your own review after enjoying the food there.
Hours after Memorial Day (through Labor Day weekend) are:
- Mon - Sat 11AM-7PM
- Sun 12N - 6PM
Tour Groups or Parties
If you're bringing a bus tour or a group, or if you just want to have a private party at the cabana next door (pictured above), contact Tacey at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Wash off after you play!
Bridger Bay also has fresh-water showers so that you can rinse off after playing and floating in the largest body of salt water in the western hemisphere. You can camp in the area too.
Indoor showers have hot water and private stalls. Bring quarters to operate the metered water. There are free "ambient temperature" fresh-water showers outside for rinsing off - but they are not private.
BYO ... Bring your own
- boat, kayak or canoe to the marina - and explore the Great Salt Lake.
- bike and ride your bike across the causeway, or bring it in your car, and explore on your own once you get there (but stay on the roads or trails... state law!)
- horse, and ride on the dozens of miles of trail. New in 2012, you may ride off the trail, so long as you stay within 20' of its center. The intention is to not disrupt the fragile habitat of nature, but also allow you, the rider, to have an off-trail experience
Whatever your mode of transportation, you will enjoy the island's wildlife as well as its picturesque view points. Come explore for a day and we are sure that you will return!
Kayaks and canoes are ALSO available for rent on the mainland at the following businesses:
South Davis Rental in NSL (801.299.0880) for about $20/day. If you have a rack, that's helpful - if not, they rent racks too, or you can strap it to the car on foam blocks, which they'll supply.
Weber State Outdoor Program (801-626-6373) also rents equipment
The Adventure Center (801-777-9666) on HAFB base, if you're with the military and can get on Hill Air Force Base.
Bicycle rentals are available at Bountiful Bicycle Center (801.295.6711) in North Salt Lake / Bountiful. Cost is about $50 a day. They also will rent a rack that attaches to your trailer hitch.
Learn more about Antelope Island State Park
Antelope Island Brochure
Published Park Hours:
May through September - 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
October - 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
November through February - 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
March - 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
April - 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Visitor Center and Fielding Garr Ranch Hours:
April 15 to September 14 - 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
September 15 to April 14 - 9a.m. to 5 p.m.
Holiday Closures: Thanksgiving and Christmas
$9 day use per vehicle (includes Davis County causeway fee)
$3 cyclists and pedestrians