Utah’s history is both intriguing and enthralling. Fascinating stories of the Old West, remarkable Indian artifacts, and extraordinary aircraft are just some of the exciting things you can experience at our Davis County historic attractions.
Antelope Island State Park
- The largest island in the Great Salt Lake is accessed by a 7-mile causeway. Lots of trails for hiking, biking or riding your horse. Or rent a horse on the island: for horse reservations call 888-878-8002.
- Visit Fielding Garr Ranch - the oldest anglo structure in Utah that is still on its original foundation.
Bountiful Historical Museum
Bountiful Temple Grounds
Hill Aerospace Museum
- Exciting museum features over 70 military aircraft, missiles and aerospace vehicles, including an SR-71 "Blackbird" spy plane.
Lagoon Amusement Park & Pioneer Village
- One of Davis County's premiere destination attractions, this large theme park features rides, water park, an actual pioneer town, and entertainment. There are a number of pioner-era buildings that have been moved to Lagoon from other parts of the state.
Layton Heritage Museum
- Exhibits relating to Davis County's past are primarily from the turn of the century.
S & S Shortline Railroad Park & Museum
- Railroad lovers ride on a 7 1⁄2” gauge rail or a 24” rail and unique train exhibits.
- The gauge trains carry passengers on the first Saturday of summer months.
Syracuse Museum & Cultural Center
1891 West 1700 South, Syracuse, Utah 84075
Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 2PM-5PM
Other times by appointment
- The Farm & Home Museum is a great place to teach children about where their food comes from and some other interesting historical facts about the city.
Close to Davis County:
North of the County:
Eccles Dinosaur Park
- Discover life-sized dinosaurs along a nature trail.
Golden Spike National Historic Site
- Historic site of the joining of the Union Pacific and the Central Pacific, to make the first trans-continental rail line in 1869.
- Railroad cars, natural history & Browning Arms Museums, very large model railroad collection.
South of the County:
- Home of the famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir
- Visit the Church Art & History Museum
This is the Place State Park
- The historic location marked an end to the thousands of Mormon pioneers' westward pilgrimages.
Utah Museum of Natural History
- We know all about written history, this brand new museum covers the history of Native Americans in the area, and also covers some paleontology.
- As they say, "Spend the day: you have 150 million years to cover".