2012-2013 Ski Utah/Ride Utah
Davis Area Hotel Packages
Click on the link below to jump to:
Best Western Plus CottonTree Inn -
- Woods Cross / North Salt Lake Bountiful
Book through April 4th, 2014
Ski Salt Lake Super Pass Package starting at $224.00 per couple/per night, plus tax.
• Two Ski Salt Lake Super passes per room per night. Additional tickets available at front desk
• Ski Salt Lake Super Pass includes round trip travel on UTA ski buses and TRAX light rail.
• Complimentary shuttle service to area restaurants and shopping within two miles of hotel.
• Free shutte service to and from UTA Frontrunner Woods Cross station.
• Complimentary airport shuttle. Shuttle hours: 5:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m.
• Earn 500 Best Western Rewards® points per package.
Scheduling Requirements: Advance booking of 3 days is required. Book online or call 801-292-7666 for reservations.
Book through March
You can ski all the perfect Utah powder resorts from one central location at the Comfort Inn Layton. Ski by day, and relax in the hot tub by night, then curl up for an in-room movie and order-in or visit one of over 60 restaurants within a 3 mile radius.
- Hot Breakfast included for each person
- Restaurant discounts available including a free appetizer coupon with each reservation
- Single and double occupancy rates start at $
Ski Passes are available if requested in advance.
- Powder Mountain
- Salt Lake Super PassSnowbird, Alta, Brighton & Solitude - @ $
Remember: Call the Comfort Inn Layton today to reserve ahead and to be sure they have the passes on hand for your arrival.
For reservations, click or call 801-544-5577
Book through March 2014
Conveniently located just a few minutes from downtown Salt Lake City and six award-winning ski resorts. You will have on-site access to discounted tickets to: Snowbasin, Park City, Alta, Brighton, Snowbird and Solitude.
After a great day in the powder, come in out of the cold to our spacious and relaxing guest rooms at the Country Inn & Suites where we also feature:
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi
- Complimentary deluxe hot breakfast
- Indoor pool, spa and Fitness Center
- Free shuttle between the hours of 6 a.m.-11 p.m.
(one trip to and from the airport)
Terms and Conditions
For reservations, Click or call
The Courtyard by Marriott Hotel surrounds guests with the conveniences that makes a perfect skiing or riding vacation.
The property features a new state-of-the-art lobby and remodel (2012)
You'll find a mini-Starbuck’s in the bistro
Enjoy the new 24-Hour Fitness Center
After a great day on the slopes, you can relax in the indoor pool and spa, or on the outdoor patio next to the fire pit.
Eat.Drink.Connect in the Bistro: Enjoy healthy food and beverages for breakfast and dinner service with cocktails.
Snowbasin is only 20 minutes, and Powder Mountain is a little over 30 minutes away from the Courtyard by Marriott.
Ski/Ride package specials include breakfast:
- With Breakfast: 0/night (includes 2 passes to Snowbasin and breakfast for 2 adults at the Bistro)
For reservations, please click or call 801-217-2300
Hampton Inn -
- Woods Cross / North Salt Lake / Bountiful
Packages available through April 1, 2014
Book your Ski N' Stay vacation now and save big. Your package includes two (2) Ski Salt Lake Super Passes, per night. Additional passes are available for purchase at our front desk. What is the Super Pass? One Pass. Four Resorts. An easy-to-use lift pass that can be redeemed at Alta, Brighton, Snowbird or Solitude.
This package includes:
- FREE transportation to/from resorts on UTA Ski Buses and TRAX lightrail
- Equipment rental discounts starting at 20%, available at participating resort rental locations.
- On The House Hot Breakfast
- Complimentary airport shuttle, shuttle hours 5:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Complimentary shuttle service to UTA Woods Cross Front Runner Station.
- Indoor pool and hot tub
- Fitness center
- Business Center
- Free high speed wireless internet access free local calls
Weekend rates starting at $233.00 per room, per night, plus tax. Visit their website for similar weekday discounts and prices. Be sure to scroll down the page for all offer configurations.
Packages are available through April 13, 2014
Ski two days at Snowbasin and stay one night for a bargain! Rates vary depending on peak/non-peak resort season, each package receives at least 20% off ski tickets! .
- Additional tickets are available at the desk.
- Enjoy the hotel's indoor heated pool and hot tub after a day on the slopes
- Hampton Inn serves a free hot breakfast each morning
For reservations, Click or call
Packages are available for stays between December 1, 2012 and March 31, 2013.
$/night (includes 2 passes to Powder Mountain) Ask for package P6 to receive this rate.
with Breakfast: $/night (includes 2 passes to Powder Mountain and breakfasts for 2 at the Great American Grill) Ask for package P2 to receive this rate.
$/night (includes 2 passes to Snowbasin) Ask for package P7 to receive this rate.
with Breakfast: $/night (includes 2 passes to Snowbasin and breakfast for 2 at the Great American Grill) Ask for package P4 to receive this rate.
For reservations, Click or call 801-416-8899
Packages available from December 15 through March 2013.
- Overnight accomodations in a King or Two Queen bedded room
- Hot daily breakfast buffet
- Two ski vouchers to either Snowbasin or Powder Mountain
- Welcome-skiers/boarders-survival-kit complete with lip balm, hand-warmers, hot cocoas and discount coupons for our favorite local restaurants and more
Property also offers
- Indoor hot tub & heated pool
- Manager's Reception Tue-Thurs evenings
- Nightly cookies and Milk
Rate is $ plus tax
For reservations, Click or call 801-773-3773
All rooms have their own microwaves, coffee makers and small fridges. There's an on-site business center and fitness center. Free wi-fi in the building and internet connections in your room. Suites are available (at a higher rate), and include two rooms
The Home2 Suites is a brand-new Hilton product, and our Home2 Suites - which was the second in the nation, is a little over a year old. It features innovative amenities including an all-suites facility (fridges, microwaves and kitchenettes), with an indoor saline pool, guest laundry facility in the exercise room, morning breakfast and a very "hip" and "cool" environment, at a very modest price.
- December 15, 2012 through March 31, 2013
- King or Queen studio suite, with kitchenette and full breakfast
- 2 Passes to either Powder Mountain or Snowbasin each day
Cost is $ per night, double occupancy
For reservations, Click or call 801-820-9222
A cozy studio suite with a cute kitchenette & a free grab-and-hit-the-slopes breakfast.
You can even warm up for the slopes in their fitness center.
Packages include one night & 2 ski passes
- Studio: $
- Two-bedroom suite: $
If you are staying longer or bringing friends or the family you can purchase extra passes or vouchers at the front desk for:
- Snowbasin $
- Powder Mountain $
- Salt Lake Super Pass (can be used at Alta, Snowbird, Brighton or Solitude) $
For reservations, Click or call 801-779-2422
Davis Area hotels are central to Utah's 10 best resorts...
Utah's best-kept skiing & boarding secrets may be right in Davis County's backyard. The locals make a joke of not wanting to tell visitors how great they are, but after you read the reviews for Snowbasin and Powder Mountain, you may not want to go anywhere else in Utah. This is Utah's best undiscovered skiing. And we're close to the other eight resorts... right in the center of the best skiing in Utah. We invite you to come stay in our neighborhood, and lose yourself in our mountains!
There is very little "on-slope" housing at Snowbasin or Powder Mountain, but our Layton hotels are only 20 mins from the lift at Snowbasin, and it's only a little further to "PowMow". Our Bountiful hotels are within 30 minutes of Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude. Both sets of hotels are less than 40 minutes from Park City (The Canyons, Park City, Deer Valley - via I-84 and I-80) respectively. (See SkiUtah's revised map below, or click on it for the pdf version). And Wolf Mountain is the perfect place for family skiing, learning to snowboard or ski, or to slip a few runs in after dark.
Other resorts offering night skiing include Powder Mountain, Brighton and Park City.
When you stay in Davis County, you'll find:
While you're here, be sure to:
- Visit Antelope Island State Park year round (reviews) - where you'll find over 500 head of bison, hundreds of pronghorn (which looked like antelope to the first explorers, and from which the island got its name), herds of mule-deer, mountain sheep, year-round off-trail horseback riding (top right) and beautiful sunsets.
- If you're not too tired after your day on the slopes, spend the evening (or take a day off) playing at Boondocks (middle right)
- Explore over 90 aircraft, munitions, equipment and other artifacts at Hill Air Force Base's Hill Aerospace Museum (reviews). This free venue is a flying repository and encyclopedia of the history of military aircraft and the Air Force. It's a fascinating look at an important piece of Americana. (bottom right)
You'll not only get a run for your money in Davis County, but we'll give you over 263 of them - and plenty to do before, between and after too!
Davis County borders the east shore of the Great Salt Lake, with the Wasatch Range on our east.
I-84 provides a straight shot to Powder Mountain, Snowbasin and Park City from our northern hotels.
All of our hotels are within a few blocks of I-15, for easy on and off.
Do you need a ride to the local ski areas? Rental cars are the quickest solution to getting to the resort of your choice.
Layton Hotels: Snowbasin is the closest resort to the Layton hotels, and you can be there in 15 minutes. Powder Mountain is about 45 minutes (if it's snowing, be SURE to have a 4WD car). The Wasatch Front resorts (south on I-15, to I-80 east, to I-215 loop south) and Park City resorts (via I-84 east, then I-80 west) are within an hour's drive.
Bountiful area hotels: Snowbasin is about 35 minutes (I-15 north to Hwy 89, then take I-84 east to Trappers Loop), Powder Mountain is close to an hour. The Wasatch resorts and Park City resorts are both within 40 - 45 minutes (Take I-15 south to I-80, then east to the I-215 South split to go to the Wasatch resorts, or continue east on I-80 if you're heading to Park City).
Usually because of airport taxes, you can get a car for a lot less when you rent locally. AWD, 4-WD vehicles and SUVs are always tougher to get during ski season too. Places like Hertz and Enterprise have off-airport lots.
- Hertz - Layton: (801) 614-5005
- Enterprise - Bountiful: (801) 397-1215, Layton: (801) 593-6007
The rental car company will pick you up at your local hotel, and bring you to the rental agency to do the paper work, and to get your car.
The Hampton Inn, the Best Western PLUS CottonTree and Country Inn & Suites in South Davis area offer free shuttle service to and from the airport, including. (There are odd times very late at night, or very early in the morning when the shuttle is not available - call the hotel for more information).
If you want to catch a shuttle to one of the Layton hotel properties, you need to arrange your ride with a third-party shuttle company, such as Runabouts Shuttle. They will pick you up at the airport, and take you to your Layton hotel (or the other direction: hotel to airport) for about $60/trip (with 3 or less in your party). Please give Ricardo a call at 801-580-3933 - or Beverly in their office at 801-298-0300.
Once at the hotel, you can go about renting a car at one of the local rental car firms (don't forget to call ahead with a reservation).
You can ride the Frontrunner train from Woods Cross station (Bountiful hotels) or the Clearfield station (Layton hotels) and transfer to the public bus (or TRAX in SLC) at either the Salt Lake or Ogden intermodal stations.
If you buy a Salt Lake Super Pass as part of your hotel package, you must pay for the train ride, but TRAX and the bus are included to the resort.
- Snowbasin & Powder Mountain: Costs vary (from $2.90 (Layton) to $4.55 from WX) to ride the train, depending on your origin, but the bus service is $4.25 in each direction to the resort of your choice. Buses depart for the resorts as early as 7:55AM, and returns will leave the mountains as late as 4:30PM from Snowbasin and 9:30PM from Powder Mountain.
- Brighton & Solitude: Take the train from either Clearfield, Layton or Woods Cross to the Salt Lake intermodal station, transfer to a Sandy TRAX to the 7200S station, then take Bus Routes 960 or 962.
- Alta & Snowbird: Two options: Catch the train to the Salt Lake intermodal hub, and take the bus (route 951) to the resorts. HOWEVER, there is only one bus and that leaves at 7:53AM. The other option is to transfer from the train to TRAX and get off at 7200S. Buses leave from 7200S at various times throughout the day.
Watch the UTA website at http://www.rideuta.com/mc/?page=RidingUTA-SkiService for more information (as of 12/10/12 - the click-through links for the current season weren't all listed)
The Fine Print on Packages
You don't have to ski/ride every day. Your hotel also offers excellent rates, without requiring you to buy a lift pass. You can also pick a different resort destination each day. See the hotel for details, and call the Davis Area CVB (801-774-8200) for ideas of things to do if you want to take the day off, while visiting the area.
When you buy a package from our hotels that includes Snowbasin, they'll provide an actual "ticket" which allows you to go directly to the Snowbasin lifts. All other "packages" (Powder Mountain, and the Salt Lake Super Pass) include "vouchers", which means you need to stop at the resort's ticket window to exchange the "voucher" for a useable "lift ticket".
The Super Pass includes:
- Pick the destination resort of your choice (Snowbird, Alta, Solitude or Brighton), and redeem the voucher for a lift ticket for that resort for that day (does not include inter-resort privileges)
- Free transportation on UTA's TRAX (light rail) and bus services (does not include the Frontrunner Train fare)
- 20% off rentals at your destination resort (see link above or below for participating rental shops)
- All-area passes to the resort of your choice, including the tram when you go to Snowbird.
- Since Brighton offers night skiing, your pass to Brighton goes from 9AM - 9PM. All others end when the resorts close their lifts.
- Tap On / Tap Off:
To gain free access on UTA Ski Buses and TRAX light rail, simply tap your Super Pass Card on the electronic reader located at any door of a ski bus or on a TRAX platform. Then tap off your Super Pass Card on any reader as you exit the bus or train platform to validate your fare
Click the Super Pass link for more details